Sunday, June 26, 2011

Book recommendations

So I wanted to start off with asking everyone to make book recommendations or just talk about their favorites.  I have so many right now but my favorite author right now is D.C. Grace.  She is the author of The Guardians Series.  The first book in the series is called The Sacred Oath and the second book is called Season of Destruction.  The third book is due to come out this winter and is called Last Shadow Cast.  It is a wonderful series and I could go on and on but I have posted a link under My Favorite Links to their website so definitely go check it out! You will not be disappointed!  D.C. also is working on a new series that is due to come out this winter called the Amethyst Dragon series.  It will be great!

So.....let's hear those suggestions!

1 comment:

  1. Okay, I read a lot, and its a pretty eclectic list, so I won't put too much on here. I have found over the past couple of years that I really enjoy the books geared toward teen readers. They tend to be more about story than trying to impress the reader with their use of a thesaurus!

    Terry Pratchett's Tiffany Aching Series -- The Wee Free Men will have you in stitches!
    Michael Scott's Nicolas Flamel series starting with The Alchemist. These wander a little bit, but they touch on a lot of history and mythology, so they are a fun read.
    Gregory Maguire's version of familiar fairy tales, Wicked being the most talked about, but Confessions of an Ugly Stepsister is my favorite. All of them are good though...

    Okay, that is enough to get you started -- let me know what you think if you have read them.

    ReplyDelete